1. Learn to tie a man’s tie.
2. Schedule and keep an appointment for a cosmetic make-over.
3. Go through your closet once a quarter and donate all clothes not worn in the previous 12 months to a clothes closet, Goodwill or similar charity.
4. Wear an up-do just once for a change.
5. Belt it! Add belts as an accessory to your everyday wardrobe just for a quick fix and fresh change.
6. Buy and wear a shade of lipstick that you’ve previously been a little shy about trying!
7. Go ahead and mix white and yellow gold jewelryit’s OK! The old rule about wearing just one or the other is just that - an old rule!
8. Invest in a new “little black dress” that isn’t black at all!
9. Budget for a regularly scheduled mani-pedi for 2013!
10. Learn to tie a scarf and add scarves as the perfect accessory to your existing wardrobe.
TOP OF NEXT COLUMN