It's that time of the year when this scribe sends out his Christmas Cheer
and Wishes to those in our community and elsewhere for 2009. We'll start it
out with perhaps the most important person in the world, right now, the next
President of the United States, Barack Obama.
- Mr. President (elect) may you accomplish what everyone is expecting from
you and that your first months in office go smoothly. Also may the World find
out how to live in Peace and Harmony, and that we find a way out of the
economic troubles facing all of us.
- Here's wishing that entertainer, and good friend, Clint Holmes finds a
place to hang his hat on a Las Vegas Strip stage, while he awaits finalization
of a contract to take his play "Just Another Man" (J.A.M.) to London or
- I would like to wish Mel and Marilyn Larson another wonderful year, as
they prepare to watch the new Cat House begin construction at Lied Animal
Shelter. It's not well known, but the Larson's pledged the first $1-million
to the building fund. This will be the ultimate Cat Sanctuary.
- I wish "Dangerous Curves" lots of success with the launching of their new
CD and more bookings in 2009.
- I wish Giovanna Sardelli (daughter of entertainer and friend, Nelson
Sardelli) all the best in 2009, and may she land a directors job for a play
on Broadway. This is one talented young lady!
- May the Las Vegas Tenors get the world-wide recognition they honestly
deserve in 2009.
- I wish the Supreme, Supreme Mary Wilson, lots of great venues in 2009 and
that she has a fantastic year with her health and family. Ms. Wilson is a
- I really wish for Mrs. Robert "Vera" Goulet all the peace of mind she
deserves, and that her projects come alive in 2009-release of songs from her
late, great husband, Robert, that have not been heard previously.
- I wish my friends, Vincent and Annette Falcone, a beautiful Christmas
Day and a prosperous 2009. Mr. Falcone, who is "The Conductor to the Stars,"
will be kept busy conducting music all over the world, I'm sure of that!
- May Kelly Clinton Holmes keep writing those comedy sketches, she is
constantly coming up with new ones, during 2009. She, like her husband Clint,
deserves a permanent stage too.
- I wish singer Paige O'Hara, who stars in "Menopause-the Musical" at the
Hilton Hotel, good tidings and that in 2009, her oil paintings take off like
gang busters. And, that 2009 also sees advancement for her husband, Michael
Piontek, to get better use of his voice and even possibly sing once again.
- May Sean O'Grady, a long-time friend of more than 44 years, have a
healthy and prosperous New Year.
- I wish my very close friend, Nancy Barr, a wonderful Christmas Day as we
gather with our friends, at Mel Carter and Jackie Brett's, home to celebrate,
and that Nancy have a very prosperous and happy 2009.
- May Cathy Bittinger have a restful 2009, and have fun traveling the world.
- I wish entertainer and buddy, Bob Anderson, a very successful engagement
at Boulder Station in February, 2009. We miss him working in Las Vegas!
- Here's wishing Mark Giovi, a wonderful singer, huge success in his
totally solo career, after leaving the Las Vegas Tenors earlier this year.
- I would love to see impressionist, Bill Acosta, back on the stages of
Las Vegas, and that he have good health and happiness in 2009.
- Here's wishing "Mr. Impressionist," Rich Little and his wife, Marie, a
beautiful Christmas, and a wonderful and healthy 2009.
- For Mike Merrick and his wife, Annie, a fabulous New Year, and may he
get his play to Broadway.
- Here's wishing that Steve Lawrence comes back to The Orleans again in
2009, and that his wife, Eydie, get well and join him on stage. They are the
- And, finally, a very special Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to,
Ms. Claire Voyant, who ever she is and where ever she is.
I know there are a lot of friends, entertainers and relatives that I've
failed to mention and to all of them, and to all of you readers, just know
that this writer wants everyone to have a beautiful Christmas Holiday, a safe
New Year's Eve and a Prosperous and Happy 2009.
I'm outa here!
CONTINUE ON TO...:
>It's The Norm Article Archives
>Las Vegas News - "Heard Around Town"
>Las Vegas Leisure Guide