Amargosa ValleyReturn to City List
Just outside the eastern entrance into Death Valley and a short 90 minute drive from Las Vegas. This tiny town also boasts a nearby dairy farm, Amargosa
Sand Dunes, Ash Meadows Wildlife Refuge and the famous Amargosa Opera House.
- Longstreet Inn & Casino*, Stateline & Rt. 373, Amargosa Valley, 775-372-1777, (Currently closed for remodeling - Expected Re-Opening May 2004)
BeattyReturn to City List
12 miles from Death Valley just outside of the ghost town of Rhyolite. Nearby gold mining towns and travelers from the northern part of Nevada keep this small community bustling.
- Burro Inn & Casino*, Highway 95 & 3rd, Beatty, 775-553-2225, 62 rooms, $40
- El Portal Motel, 301 Main St, Beatty, 775-553-2912, 30 rooms, $37
- Exchange Club Casino & Motel*, 604 Main St, Beatty, 775-553-2333, 44 rooms, $52
- Phoenix Inn, Highway 95 at First St, Beatty, 775-553-2250, 54 rooms, $40
- Stagecoach Hotel & Casino*, Highway 95, Beatty, 775-553-2419, 54 rooms, $40-$48
Boulder CityReturn to City List
Boulder City is a gambling-dry town. It is the only city in Nevada where there are no casinos or gambling of any sort permitted in the city limits (there is one casino just outside the city line included below
because it was the closest city). It is however the closest city to Lake Mead and Hoover Dam and less than a half-hour from Las Vegas.
- Best Western - Lighthouse Inn & Resort, 110 Ville Drive, 702-293-6444, 70 rooms, $79
- Boulder Dam Hotel, 1305 Arizona St, 702-293-3510, $89-$139 (includes breakfast, museum entrance fee and 20% discount in boutique)
- Desert Inn of Boulder City, 800 Nevada Hwy, 702-293-2827, 25 rooms, $90
- El Rancho Boulder Motel, 725 Nevada Hwy, 702-293-1085, 40 rooms, $60-$90
- Flamingo Inn Motel, 804 Nevada Hwy, 702-293-3565, 15 rooms, $35
- Hacienda Hotel & Casino*, US Hwy 93, Boulder City, NV, 702-293-5000 / 1-800-245-6380, 350 rooms, $49-$59
- Lake Mead Marina (Seven Crown Resorts) - 322 Lakeshore Rd, 702-293-2074 / 1-800-752-9669, 43 rooms, $75-$85
- Nevada Inn, 1009 Nevada Hwy, 702-293-2044 / 1-800-638-8890, 55 rooms, $45-$50
- Sands Motel, 809 Nevada Hwy, 702-293-2589, 26 rooms, $74
- Super 8 Motel, 704 Nevada Hwy, 702-294-8888, 114 rooms, $59.88-69.88
JeanReturn to City List
Located just a 20 minute drive from the Strip, this junction on the highway leads into the little hamlet of Goodsprings, renown for Clark Gable's stake out at the Pioneer Saloon awaiting word from
the plane crash which killed his wife Carole Lombard.
- Gold Strike Hotel & Casino* - 1 Main St, PO Box 19278, Jean, NV, 702-477-5000, $20-$50
- Nevada Landing Hotel & Casino* - PO Box 19278, Jean, NV, 702-387-5000 / 1-800-628-6682, $18-54
Mt CharlestonReturn to City List
A wonderful getaway from the neon and the heat is up in this beautiful evergreen forest. Enjoy horseback riding at Mt Charleston Riding Stables, hiking, camping, leaf peeping or snow activities at Las Vegas Ski &
- Mt Charleston Hotel and Restaurant, 2 Kyle Canyon Road, Mount Charleston, NV, 702-872-5500, 63 rooms, $49-$139
- Mt Charleston Lodge, 1200 Old Park Road., Mount Charleston, NV, 800-955-1314 or 702-872-5408, 24 cabins, $125-$220
All room rates should be considered only as a guide to average prices and are subject to daily fluctuations dependent upon season and local events.
Additional maps supplied by MapQuest.com who is solely responsible for their accuracy.
OvertonReturn to City List
This sleepy town along the northern banks of Lake Mead is home to Wayne Newton's
Arabian Horse Ranch. Nearby is the Lost City Museum of Archeology and the gorgeous Valley of Fire. A quiet marina with water sport activities and fishing is available.
- Echo Bay Resort - Echo Bay Marina at Lake Mead, Overton, NV, 800-752-9669 / 702-394-4000, 52 rooms, $69-74
- Overton Motel - 137 N Moapa Valley Blvd, PO Box 577, Overton, NV, 702-397-2463, 19 rooms, $27-43
- North Shore Inn - 520 N Moapa Valley Blvd, PO Box 577, Overton, NV, 702-397-6000, 43 rooms, $55
- Plaza Motel - 207 S Moapa Valley Blvd, Overton, NV, 702-397-2414, 12 rooms, $30-60
PahrumpReturn to City List
Over the hill to Pahrump, 45 minutes from Las Vegas, is a cowboy town with annual rodeos. But you'll also find Nevada's only desert winery, Pahrump Valley Vineyards and since
this town is in Nye County, brothels are legal here.
- Charlotta Inn Motel - 1201 State Route 160, Pahrump, NV, 775-727-5445, 17 rooms, $28-36
- Pahrump Station - Days Inn - State Route 160 Loop Road, PO Box 38, Pahrump, NV, 800-329-7466 / 775-727-5100, 45 rooms, $39-85
- Saddlewest Hotel/Casino* - 122 State Route 160, Pahrump, NV, 800-433-3987 / 775-727-1111, 110 rooms, $33-95
PrimmReturn to City List
Along the stateline between Nevada and California, you'll find this small casino community. A huge discount shopping mall offers great deals for the budget minded. You can check out Bonnie & Clyde's Death Car or you can also indulge in the roller coaster ride of a lifetime on
- Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino* - Main St, Primm, NV, 775-382-1111, 1244 rooms, $23-44
- Primm Valley Resort & Casino* (Formerly Primadonna Hotel & Casino) - I-15, PO Box 93718, Primm, NV, 775-382-1212, 1-800-367-7383, $23-44
- Whiskey Pete's Hotel/Casino* - I-15 Stateline, PO Box 93718, Primm, NV, 775-382-4388, 1-800-367-PETE, $23-44
Created by PCAP; © Copyright 1995-2015